8th Grade

4 Question Interview 

8th+Grade

Graham Cassani, Contributor

Hi, my name is Graham Cassani and I am a journalism student and I am an 8th grade student. I feel like I am at the top of the school and have a lot more respect. I was asked to do a project, so I thought how cool it would be if I asked other 8th graders 4 questions about being in 8th grade and see if they felt the same way as me. My questions are  

1.) How is the start of 8th Grade? 

2.) Do you feel like you are the head of the school? 

3.) Do you feel like you get more respect from 6th graders? 

4.) Are the classes harder? 

I interviewed four people are their answers are as follows; 

Lexi Wagner 

1.) She said that the start of 8th grade is “good because I am in class with all of my friends and classes are fun!” 

2.) She said, “she does not feel like she is head of the school because she is not that popular and only has a few friends.” 

3.) She said, “she does get more respect from 6th graders because they are scared to come up and talk to me.” 

4.) She said, “Yes, the classes are harder because there is a lot more complected work.” 

Avery Vance 

1.) She said the start of 8th grade year “is ok, however there is more work than last year.”  

2.) She said that “She doesn’t feel like she is head of the house, she felt she had more respect in the 6th grade.” 

3.) She said, “Yes; 6th graders respect me because I know a lot of the 6th graders.” 

4.) She said, “The classes are harder because they are stricter and give way more homework.” 

Kyle Sirois 

1.) She said that the start of 8th grade “So far, exploiting fun. It has been hugely different than any other year in middle school and stricter.” 

2.) She said, “Yes, I feel like the head of the school, but no I do not either. Yes, because we get praised from the lower classman because we are the upper classman of the school. No, because the teachers are harder on us 

3.) She said, “Yes, 6th graders respect me because the fact is because they fear us. The reason is because we know the teachers, people, and what is going on. 

4.) She said, “My answer is no for not, but because it feels the same as any other year, maybe because we are only in the 4th week in but as the year goes on it may get harder.  

At the end, most people feel the classes are harder and they do not feel they are head of the school but get respect from 6 graders. It was crazy how they did not feel the same way as me because I though every 8th grader felt like the head of the school. It turns out every 8th grader thinks differently about 8th grade year.