Venice Middle Electives for Incoming 6th Graders

September 23, 2022

So many electives to choose from

So many electives to choose from

There are many electives here at Venice Middle School. Depending on your interests, there are many options. You get two choices of electives and if you do not get what you want for one choice, there is always a chance that your second elective will be something that you are interested in. Here are some of the electives that you get to choose from at Venice Middle. 

• Art- Art Students will study the principles of design and will analyze works of art. Art would be good for you if you are creative and have an artistic side. 
  • Physical Education- Students are introduced to many sports, games, and activities. PE gives you the opportunity to improve your fitness and be active.
  • Exploring Stringed Instruments- Have you ever wanted to learn a stringed instrument? The instruments offered are violin, viola, cello, double bass, and guitar.  No experience is necessary! 
  • Exploring Chorus- This chorus class is a semester long and explores basic music reading skills. In the class you will learn to sing as a group through a variety of music and even explore singing in 2-part harmonies.  
  • Exploring Music and Piano- During this semester long class, students will learn the basics of learning music through the keyboard. They will explore and develop basic piano skills and performance skills.  
  • Intro to Spanish- Students will learn beginning skills of listening and speaking in Spanish. Also, you will learn about Spanish culture in this semester-long class. 
  • Technology- This class encompasses communication, manufacturing, construction, biology, and robotics. The students will have access to a wide variety of technological equipment including robots and a 3D printer.  
  • Beginning Chorus- In this year-long class, you will learn the basics of reading music and singing with a healthy tone. This class will explore singing as a group through harmonies, different styles of music and even different languages. 
  • Beginning Band- Students will learn to play a brass, woodwind, or percussion instrument! No prior experience needed! You will learn all about the different instruments then students get to test them out and decide which one they would like to play!  
  • Beginning Orchestra- In this year-long class, students will learn to play a stringed instrument. No experience is necessary! The instruments offered are; Violin, Viola, Cello, and Double Bass.  
  • Leadership – VMYM only- You will learn the responsibilities of leadership, grow personally and physically, and develop a personal leadership style. You do many fun things such as march in parades, participate in 5Ks, take trips to fun places such as the ice-skating rink, and have field days 

There are so many fun elective choices at Venice Middle. As you go up in grades the list will get bigger and there will be more fun things to do. I hope that you found some electives that you would be interested in doing. And remember you have 3 years to get the elective you want. If you don’t get it this year, chances are you could get it next year. 

The Charger Courier • Copyright 2022 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in