Fun Places To Go Over The Summer
More to Florida than Disney, Bush gardens and Universal
May 16, 2022
Over the summer in Florida a lot of people come from other states to visit grandparents, grandchildren, parents, etc. Here are some places to go:
- Orlando Science Museum- it is a hands-on museum that is great for any age, it all has different exhibits for any person you would be sure to find something unique that you would love
- Splash Harbor Water Park (399 2nd St, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785) – this water park with a variety of slides, kids’ splash zones, a lazy river, casual dining & a tiki bar. It is for anyone that wants some fun.
- Big Cat Habitat Gulf Coast Sanctuary (7101 Palmer Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34240) – It is full of big cats that have been saved from serious incidents and there is also a petting zoo (YOU WILL NOT BE PETTING BIG CATS) and they also do not just have big cats that have a lot of other species of animals as well.
- Wood Mere Park (3951 Woodmere Park Blvd, Venice, FL 34293) – has a variety of things to do they have a gymnasium, a giant park, and they also have a camp for kids over the summer and if you are or going to turn 14 you can join as a volunteer and hang out with kids.
- Downtown Venice- there are a lot of things to do like go shopping, go on a hunt to find all the seahorses, mermaids, fairies, or sharks that were made by artists to decorate downtown there are also a lot of restaurants to eat at for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Festivals- they have a bunch of festivals around Florida some of them are chalk festivals, Italian fest, etc.
Overall, there are a bunch of places to go in Florida for any person, any family, and any age. Some for little kids, some for people that want to do something science, some for people that want to see animals, some for adventurers and people that just want fun in the sun this summer.