The Student News Site of Venice Middle School

VMS Volleyball Coach

Coach Stasko's volleyball career.

October 29, 2021

Sports are a huge part of people’s lives, and they give up family and friends to move out of state or even out of the country just to play the sport they love. Managing a sport and school is exceedingly difficult and takes a lot of time managing skills. Our coaches here at Venice Middle School do just that. They teach around 6 hours a day and after they coach a 2-hour practice for the girls’ volleyball team. The coaches do everything in their power to get the lady chargers to be the best that we can be.  

On the Venice Middle School volleyball team, there are 15 athletes, the manager and 2 coaches. One of our coaches, Mrs. Stasko is not only an astonishing coach but also an excellent volleyball player. Coach Stasko went to high school in Michigan at Holly High School. At Holly High School she made varsity all four years! Stasko was a middle hitter for school and an outside hitter for her club team. After her high school volleyball career had ended, she was offered a full-time scholarship to play Division 2(D2) volleyball at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. They were in a league with teams like Tampa University, Nova Southeastern, Rollins and Florida Southern and much more. Stasko’s favorite position was an outside hitter. She loved hitting and blocking the ball.  

Unfortunately, her college volleyball career eventually ended. She then became a teacher and a coach. If she had to choose coaching or teaching, she would never know what to pick. Doing both teaching and coaching gives her a perfect balance to her day.  

The Charger Courier • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in