The Student News Site of Venice Middle School

Activities to do in Florida

The sunshine state is not all about the beach.. there are other places to go to.

October 29, 2021

Have you ever wondered how it would feel to be in a action movie? Well, if you did, I got you covered! You can find many movie rides at Universal Studios that feel just like you are a part of a movie. And if you are into roller coasters and Disney, the best place for you to find your way to is, Magic Kingdom. If you so happen to love jumping around, Sky Zone is the place for you to end up at. These are just a few destinations to go to in Florida. 

I do not know if you are team roller coasters or team water slides, but I know that I am defiantly team roller coaster. One of my favorite amusement parks is called Bush Gardens, there are many rides and a few water rides. Also, if you so happen to be on team water slide, there is actually a water park called Adventure Island. Their lazy river at Adventure Island is amazingly large and refreshing. The Tampa Zoo is also a very kid friendly attraction. There are many fun rides for kids 10 and under (There is one family ride). In my opinion the cutest animal at the zoo is a koala. There are all the animals you could imagine right there at Tampa Zoo. You name it, lion, sheep, even penguin. And if you were wondering where you could find all these cool attractions, they are all located in Tampa Fl. 

If you are not a major fan of either water parks or amusement parks, I have other options. In the sunshine state you can find many beaches (if you like the sand), playgrounds, and malls. One of my favorite beaches is named the south jetty. It is found in Venice, FL. And if you enjoy going on boat rides you can also rent a boat at Boca Grande. I rented a boat a few months ago in Boca and boy could I tell you I had the time of my life. I really enjoyed it because there were so many sandbars, and there was an ice cream boat that sold ice cream!  

In conclusion, there are many activities to participate in while you visit Florida or just do not know what to do this weekend. For example, you could go to the beach with your family and try to learn how to paddle board or even spend time with your friends at a theme park. Or if you do not want to stay in Florida during the summer, winter is the best in Florida because it never gets too cold.  

The Charger Courier • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in