The Student News Site of Venice Middle School

Hideous Trends That We are Hoping Will Never Come Back-Ever!

Furry boots and low-rise jeans can stay in the closet.

October 29, 2021

A couple hideous trends that we are hoping will never come back are furry boots and low-rise jeans. Well, most of us. In a recent post Vogue told “They’re big, beautiful, deliciously obnoxious, and truly not made for this universe. While we haven’t seen these boots in some time in the wild, this extreme look feels appropriate for remergence.” Not everyone agrees with this statement of course, 9 out of 10 students in Venice Middle School Journalism class think that the trend is ‘Absolutely disgusting!’ The furry boots first appeared in 2013 and became a trend in late 2014. They stormed the runways in fashion shows and many people were not fans. A fashion blog called “Budget Fashionista” stated, This big boot is a glorified slipper backed by clever branding.” 

Low rise jeans became popular in the 2000s and became a HUGE trendSome celebrities like Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid still wear them to this day. A lot of people are not fans of the trend because it accentuates your hips and stomach. A student from Venice Middle School, Chaw Su Lin, doesn’t like low rise jeans because she says, “They always fall off.” Alyson Johnson, a former VMS student, also agreed with Chaw’s statement. 

If you want to be proud of this years fashion trends. Do not bring these hideous trends back.

The Charger Courier • Copyright 2021 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in