Students Can Benefit from Competition

Don’t be a sore loser!

Students Can Benefit from Competition

Wednesday Cece, Contributor

Everybody wins in the endCompetition can affect you at school with your schoolwork, friends, activities, etc.  If someone you know gets an B on a test and shows you and shows off, you would want to get a better grade to show off right back at them, right? That’s competition. In that scenariocompetition is a good thing, because it makes you work harder and as a result get better grades! Michael Jordan once said, “You have competition everyday because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out and live up to that.”

Although competition can have its pros, it can have some cons. One of the many cons of competition is pressure. Competition is not just at school, but also outside of school, at a soccer game for example. Let’s say that the opposing team has been scoring the entire time and for once you want to score. Then you put all this pressure on yourself to score, and if you don’t, you might be sad or feel disappointed with yourself. But then again, it can also be a good thing because its more motivation for you to do something to benefit the the team as well as yourself.

Competing can be a good motivator in not only your school life, but at home, at sports and clubs.